Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Light it up Blue...Autism awareness

Hi all! Hope youre having a glorious day! The sun is shining here but its windier than crap! I think March is still trying to come in like a lion not realizing its April now. I think we had wind gusts of 100 mph at the peak...yikes!

Anyway. I've learned that April is Autism Awareness month


 and today is Light it Up Blue!




 So to support Autism, we are encouraged to light a blue light, whether it is in a window, a porch light, etc.  I was going to put my blue xmas lights around my window but I forgot they were burned out this past year and got thrown away. (a little side note...after my husbands brain injury, it has come out that he suffers from a mild form of autism, Aspergers, and I am trying my hardest to be supportive and understanding but I am falling short. So Im hoping that when he sees this mani he'll understand that I do care and love him and am trying to be the best wife I can :) )

ANYWAYS...

 So, I'll show you my blue mani instead. HOWEVER, it is not my design...I got it from Casey at stampaholicnailart.  Hers is really awesomely perfect, mine was a first attempt but I still think it came out ok.

So without further ado here is my version...





I used Sinful Colors Cinderella (LOVE love L.O.V.E this color!) as the base and then for the puzzle pieces I used Pure Ice French Kiss (blue), NYC Broadway Burgundy Frost (red), Bonita Neon Poppy (yellow). The stamp is Cheeky XL plate A.  Casey put more light blue in her puzzle and I wish I would have done that but I was trying to be a little different...however imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right!?!?

Well, thanks for stopping by and seeing what I was up to today.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool manicure Melissa, thank you for starting your blog and doing this post on World Autism Awareness Day. :)

    ReplyDelete